|SAVE THE DATE: DCSWA's annual Professional Development Day will be March 28, 2015
This is our biggest event of the year -- a full day of talks, workshops and networking with other science writers and editors. This year's event will feature:
Full schedule and speaker info coming very soon. Registration opens early March – stay tuned!
- Plenary talks by the Washington Post's Joel Achenbach and NPR's Christopher Joyce
- A session all about editing, led by some of the DC area's top science editors
- A panel on funding international reporting projects
- A discussion about how the press got it right and wrong while covering the Ebola crisis
- Sessions on book writing, storytelling, animation and freelance finance
- Appointments with a resume coach
- A workshop on the art and science of story pitching, leading up to the...
- Ever-popular pitch slam, featuring the speed-dating format we introduced last year.
Thanks to a generous Idea Grant from the National Association of Science Writers, we will be able to offer scholarships for the full cost of registration. Preference will go to students, early-career science writers and those with financial need.